Parents updated Covid 19 guidance
From Thursday 24 February 2022
- The use of face coverings will become optional. Many staff will continue to wear them for their own safety as will some vulnerable students. We will all respect one another’s right to be cautious.
- If a student comes in to contact with a positive case they do not have to do daily testing OR isolate.
- If a student or staff member has Covid 19 symptoms and/or tests positive, it is still advised that they stay at home and avoid contact with others for at least 5 days, then continue to follow guidance until 2 negative test results are achieved on 2 consecutive days.
- We will continue with PE kit on PE days, but please remember the PE hoody is compulsory. All students should be wearing one on PE days.
From Monday 28 February 2022
- We will no longer sanitize hands on arrival. (Though SLT will still be there to welcome students.)
- The use of hand sanitizer will be encouraged and bottles will be available in school as before.
- Compulsory equipment and table wipe downs will end, but we will still keep tables and equipment clean and avoid unnecessary sharing.
- Carbon Dioxide levels will still be monitored by classroom staff and ventilation will still be a priority. However, we will aim to make the school a bit warmer so that coats will not be needed in lessons.
From Monday 7 March 2022
- Assemblies will resume.
- School trips and outings will resume.
- All extra-curricular clubs and activities will go ahead, including musical and drama based activities.