Values and Ethos
Aspire – Enjoy – Succeed
At Woodbrook Vale School we have students at the heart of everything we do.
Our vision is that Woodbrook Vale School will provide each student with an outstanding education in a caring, calm, safe and supportive environment. Learning will be engaging, challenging and inspiring so that each student will achieve individual excellence and be the best that they can be.
We want all our students to be:
- Motivated and enthused by the challenge of learning
- Aspirational and determined to fulfil their individual potential
- Inspired to enjoy and succeed in all aspects of learning
- Proud of their own achievements and to value, respect and celebrate the success of others
- Positive contributors to whole school life and within the local community
- Resilient, life-long learners who are well prepared for their post-16 destination and for life in the modern world
- Mature young people with high self-esteem
- Accountable citizens who are responsible, respectful and tolerant within a diverse and evolving society
To achieve this we will:
- Provide a caring, safe and stimulating learning environment
- Focus on inspiring, creative and effective teaching and learning across a broad and balanced curriculum
- Create personalised and inclusive opportunities that motivate and recognise the potential of each individual
- Have the highest expectations of all staff and provide a supportive environment that will enable them to develop professionally and be valued as one collective staff team
- Develop leadership skills by ensuring that leaders at all levels act as positive role models and lead by example
- Provide enrichment through extra-curricular activities
- Promote equal opportunity in all aspects of school life
- Work in partnership to develop effective communication and collaboration between students, parents/carers, staff, governors and the local community, including primary school and post-16 transition
- Invest in social, moral, spiritual and cultural development of every student
- Deliver effective guidance to prepare students to make appropriate choices in our rapidly changing world
- Ensure that financial resources are used effectively to benefit our current students
Our Core Values
Woodbrook Vale is committed to serving its community. It recognises the multi-cultural, multi-faith and ever-changing nature of the United Kingdom. It also understands the vital role it has in ensuring that groups or individuals within the school are not subjected to intimidation or radicalisation by those wishing to unduly, or illegally, influence them.
It follows equal opportunities guidance which guarantees that there will be no discrimination against any individual or group, regardless of faith, ethnicity, gender, sexuality, political or financial status or similar. Woodbrook Vale is dedicated to preparing students for their adult life beyond the formal examined curriculum and ensuring that it promotes and reinforces British values to all its students.
The Government emphasises that schools are required to ensure that key ‘British Values’ are taught in all UK schools.
The five British Values are:
- The rule of law
- Individual liberty
- Mutual respect
- Tolerance of those of different faiths and beliefs
Woodbrook Vale uses strategies within the National Curriculum and beyond to promote these values to students.