We are a very popular school but we pride ourselves in always finding a place for everyone who wants to come to us if we possibly can.
Our current Pupil Admission Number is 160.
Woodbrook Vale is a comprehensive school. Students will be admitted at age 11 without reference to ability or aptitude. Applications should be made using the Leicestershire County Council website for ‘normal’ entry time in August / September.
We would encourage any parent to arrange a visit to the school prior to applying for a place on the County Council website.
Applications for transfer mid-year should also be made via the Leicestershire County Council website. Alternatively a paper copy of the form is available from the School Admissions Section at County Hall, Tel: 0116 305 6684.
Details of our priority criteria for acceptance are in the Admissions policy. A summary is provided here:
- Students who are in public care
- Students who will have an older brother or sister attending our school
- Students who live in our catchment area
- Students attending a feeder school who may not live in the catchment area
- Children of staff who work at Woodbrook Vale and have been on a permanent contract at Woodbrook Vale for at least 2 years when the application is made
- Children who live nearest to the school
Our catchment area covers the catchment areas of Holywell, Mountfields Lodge, Outwoods Edge and Beacon Academy.
School Offer Day - 2018 Entry
Parents of children in Year 6:
You should have received a letter or e-mail recently informing you of which secondary school your child has been allocated a place at. If that school is Woodbrook Vale School, congratulations, we look forward to welcoming your child after the summer.
If it wasn’t Woodbrook Vale School, but you wanted it to be, you have the right of appeal. Follow the instructions given in your letter/e-mail, or use the link below for further details.